The purpose of the Ed Troxel Endowment Scholarship is to promote the athletic, scholastic, and leadership values of Ed Troxel. Dedication, ambition, love, eagerness, vision, resourcefulness, and the ability to work for the benefits of others are but a few of the characteristics that reflect the nature of Ed Troxel and the recipients of this award.
Selection of the Ed Troxel Endowment Scholarship recipients will be based upon a number of factors, including: athletic involvement, leadership, service, scholastic achievement, personal statement, and references. The scholarship may be awarded each academic year to one female and one male from the greater Tri-Cities area who will attend a post-secondary school, college or university.
Applications must be electronically submitted no later than April 6, 2018.
Each applicant will:
- Be a member of a graduating class from Kennewick, Kamiakin, or Southridge High Schools.
- Have been involved in high school athletics.
- Verify academic achievement by submitting a photocopy of transcripts for the last seven semesters.
- Show involvement in the community and/or school including leadership qualities.
- Include a personal statement. See application for details.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a coach.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a responsible community member who knows you.
- Submit a completed application and required documents online (click here to access submission page).
Scholarship recipients shall be notified no later than April 27, 2018 and are expected to attend the Ed Troxel Scholarship Golf Tradition on May 12, 2018 where they will be introduced to tournament attendees. Upon verification of enrollment, awards will be made directly to the college or university the recipient will be attending.